|Lacing Wire:||2.2mm||Surface Treatment:||Pvc Coated|
|Mesh Shape:||Hexagonal||Warranty:||≥ 3 Years|
retaining wall gabion cages,
rock mesh retaining wall
Stone Gabion Fence Design 2.7mm Steel Wire Rock Gabion Cages Wall
Gabion Cage information:
The height of the gabion mat is much less than its length and width, after putting the stone in the gabion mat,
the gabions mats are connected together.
The difference from traditional gabions is its shape, it is flat and large,the wire diameter is usually thinner than
traditional gabions, and most is hot-dip galvanized or galfan. And usually there are double diaphragms of gabion
mat and single diaphragm of gabion mat
Gabion Cage Material:
1. hot-dip galvanized low carbon steel wire,
2. Zinc-5%Al or10%Al-mixed rare earth alloy coating, also named Galfan. lifetime 3times min than hot-dip galvanized gabion.
3. PVC coated , PVC coated on hot-dip galvanized steel wire and Galfan, many kinds of color
4. Tensile strength: 350-500Mpa,Elongation ≥12%,according to EN10223-3
5. zinc coating: mesh wire≥230g/M2,selvedge wire≥245g/M2,lacing wire ≥230g/M2
Gabion Cage Applications:
• Control and guide of water or flood
• Flood bank or guiding bank
• Prevention of rock breaking
• Water and soil protection
• Bridge protection
• Strengthening structure of soil
• Protection engineering of seaside area
• Seaport engineering
• Isolation walls
• Protection of road
Gabion Cage Advantage:
Flexibility: Flexibility is an important benefit of any gabion structure. The double-twist hexagonal mesh construction permits it to tolerate differential settlement without fracture. This property is especially important when a structure is on unstable soil conditions or in areas where scour from wave action or currents can undermine the toe of the structure and cause structural settlement.
Durability: Gabions support plant growth which provides a live coating for the wire mesh and stones, adding to their durability. Generally, the wire mesh is needed for the first few years of the structure’s life; later the void between the stones is filled with soil, silt, and plant roots which act as a bonding agent for the stones.
Strength: Steel wire hexagonal mesh has strength and flexibility to withstand forces generated by water and earth masses, and the pervious nature of the gabion allows it to absorb and dissipate much of that energy. This is evident on coast protection installations where gabion structures remain effective long after a massive rigid structure fails. Additionally, the double twisted hexagonal mesh won’t unravel if cut.
Permeability: Gabion walls are previous to water and stabilize slopes by the combined action of draining and retaining, precluding the development of hydrostatic pressure behind the gabion wall. Drainage is accomplished by gravity, as well as evaporation as the porous structure permits air circulation through it. As plant growth develops within the structure, the process of transpiration assists in removing moisture from the backfill – a much more efficient system than weep holes in standard masonry walls.
Low cost: Gabion systems are more economical than rigid or semi-rigid structures for the following reasons:
• It requires little maintenance
• Its installations does not require skilled labor and stone fill is available on site or from nearby quarries,
• It requires little or no foundation preparation, as the surface needs to be only reasonably level and smooth.
• Gabions are porous, requiring no costly drainage provision
Ecology: Gabions is an environmentally sensitive solution to slope stabilization. It has already been mentioned that stone fill is done with natural stones making the gabions, naturally porous allowing interaction between the land and the water table and also persuades deposition of soil in the smaller voids between the stone fill during drainage that again promote vegetation growth.
|Hexagonal Wire Mesh Gabion Cage Specification|
|Length*Width*Height||2m x 1m x 1m, 3m x 1m x 1m, 4m x 1m x 1m, 2m x 1m x 0.5m, 4m x 1m x 0.5m or Customized|
|Mesh Size||60*80; 80*100; 100*120 as standard, or customized|
|Wire Diameter||2.00mm to 4.0m or customized|
|Surface Finish||Electro Galvanized|
Hot Dipped Galvanized
|PVC Coated Gabion Box Specification|
|Wire Diameter(Metal Wire) (mm)||Wire Diameter (PVC Coate)/ Inner/Outside(mm)|
Contact Person: Julia
Tel: +86 177 3408 2565